Metro DC Grant Program
COVID-19 Relief Grants Available
United Spinal DC is proud to offer COVID-19 Relief Grants to our members who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Metro DC Chapter of United Spinal wants to help fund opportunities and adaptive equipment which will enable individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries to further gain independence and improve their quality of life.
We would like all applicants to be aware that there is limited funding, and since we are a newer chapter we will not be able to honor everyone’s requests. The grant program will consider partial funding if the information provided justifies the needs for funding a balance that exceeds our funding capabilities.
All grants will be awarded to individuals directly impacted by SCI/D.
Eligibility and qualifications
- Applicants must live in the Metropolitan DC area
- Applicants MUST already be a Metro DC Chapter member prior to requesting grants
- Applicants may be asked to provide further documentations for medical proof and financial needs
- Grant recipients are expected to provide photos and/or video showing how their grant helped maximize their independence.
- Grant recipients agree to actively engage in community service to support the chapter’s mission.
- Applicant may be asked to meet with one of our Board members in person or participate in a telephone interview regarding their grant application.