Living with a spinal cord injury presents unique challenges during this global pandemic, we’re here to help.
The health, happiness and safety of our members is why we’re here — now more than ever.
The COVID-19 pandemic is putting additional strain on our community, and we want to make sure you and your loved ones have access to the information and resources you need to remain safe and healthy during these extraordinary circumstances.
Relief Grants Available
United Spinal DC is offering financial assistance for supplies, medical equipment and services to our members affected by COVID-19.
Mental and Physical Health
If you are symptomatic, click this link to find a COVID-19 testing center near you. Please consult your doctor prior, and only go if it’s an emergency.
MedStar Health Video Visits with physicians and therapists
- United Spinal Association – Tip: COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grants if Still Available
- United Spinal Metro DC Chapter – Tip: COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grants if Still Available
- Chirstopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
- Hand Hygiene for Wheelchair users
- United Spinal Association is gathering and distributing medical supplies to those in need.
- United Spinal Metro DC Chapter is also able to distribute masks to those that are local. Contact us to request masks and hand sanitizer.
- 180 Medical
- ABC Medical
- Hollister– Tip: They are offering new services for COVID-19 related relief
- At Home Medical– Tip: they still have gloves and underpads
- Information about mail-order pharmacy
- “How to Pick Up Your Prescription During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic”
- CVS Pharmacy
- Endependence Center of Northern VA 703-525-3268 | [email protected]
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation Peer support
- United Spinal Resource Center- for crisis and peer support
- MedStar NRH Peer mentoring program
Recreation and Fitness
- DMV trails
Free Online/ at home workouts
- MedStar NRH Adaptive Fitness in partnership with DPI Adaptive Fitness (Free Monday, Friday, and Saturday workouts)
- Disbled Sports USA
- Fitbound (Free Inclusive Fitness content with subscription)
- Peloton (90-day free trial)
- Gold’s Gym Amp App (free until May 31)
- Daily Burn (30-day free trial)
- Planet Fitness (free daily class at 7pm)
Food, Internet and Non-Medical Supplies
Grocery and Meal Delivery
- Instacart – Tip: Delivery times are released early in the morning starting 5am so to lock in a delivery time login before 7am!
- Amazon Fresh
- Fresh Direct
- Walmart Home delivery
- Safeway- Home Delivery
- Grocery Stores Open for Seniors, People with Disabilities and/or Compromised Immune Systems
Meal Service Locations
- Meal Sites for All DC Students
- Meal sites for Seniors in DC
- COVID-19 Food resources
- Capital Food Bank
- DC WIC Locations and Services
- Meal sites for Seniors in MD
- Community Food resources in MD
- Food Equality Council- PG County
- Montgomery County Food Council
Northern Virginia (NoVA)
Wheelchair and Seating Specialists
Tip: most companies are offering virtual wheelchair evaluations